Wednesday, July 15, 2015

Adeline Jean Layton is One

Addie J,

You came into this world sunny side up, although that may seem like too much information for some, I find it quite apropos to who you are today. You are pure sunshine, always. I love so many things about you, here are just a few.



I love that you smile at strangers.
I love that you love books, happily scampering into any lap willing to read to you.
I love that you insist on sleeping on you tummy with your rump in the air.
I love that you love veggies.
I love the way you watch your brother.
I love the way you dance.
I love your kisses.
I love your sweet smile in the morning.
I love how you try and try and try at things, rarely showing signs of frustration.
I love your dimple in your left cheek.
I love your soft, curly, strawberry blonde hair.
I love that you enjoy wearing sunglasses.
I love that you adore our dogs.
I love that when you get nervous, you will cling onto me, pinching the back of my arm, and leaning into me.

I just love you. Everything about you. God put a special little light in your eyes that makes my heart full. You have made our family so happy, just simply by being a part of it. This year has flown by way too quickly. I am sad that you are no longer an infant that fits perfectly into the nook of my arm, but Adeline you are growing into a sweet girl. A sweet girl, who I am proud to call my daughter.

Happy first birthday little love.












Height: 29.5 in (60%)
Weight: 24 lbs 4 oz (95%)
Head: 18.75 in (97 %)


Your hair has taken off this month!

And so have you...

You are pulling up on everything, furniture walking, climbing, and getting into everything!











You had a little cold that turned into a gnarly eye infection. I felt so bad for you!



Summer days at Lake Sammamish.





The 4th of July. We stayed at home and celebrated with the neighborhood.









What a difference a year makes :)


Daddy needed to test out Cooper's new big boy bed. 



You just get into everything...







You cheered on the US Women to a victory in the World Cup!










We went to visit Thomas the Train!










Opening presents with Nana & PopPop



Your first birthday party was so fun! It was crazy, but fun. We had a backyard BBQ with friends and neighbors. 




























Love you, Sunshine. 







No comments:

Post a Comment