Monday, April 29, 2013

7 months



Weight: Roughly 20 pounds
Clothes size: 9 months
Diaper size: 3
Tooth Count: 0 













Cooper, I have finally made a decision about what I want to do in regards to teaching. Well, I guess I should say, I am finally saying out loud what I have been saying in my heart since the day I met you. I am going to take time off from teaching and be a full-time mom. I always thought I would work and be a mom. I love teaching SO MUCH, and I didn't think anything would change my mind about being in the classroom. Then you came along, and my whole world changed. I am SO EXCITED that I get to be at home with you. I am already planning all kinds of activities we will do together! I thank your Daddy everyday for working so incredibly hard and taking on the burden of providing for our whole family. Because of him, we get many moments together like this...














As for you, Mister, you are just moving and growing like crazy. Your fine motor skills are improving everyday. You love to find the tiniest hairs on the back of my neck or on your Daddy's face. The tags on your toys seem to be more interesting than the toy it's self.





You play independently for longer periods of time...when you are fed, rested, changed...

You are getting closer and closer to crawling. Recently, you started getting up on all fours! I'm not ready for you to be on the move.






You roll around all over the place. If you really want something you will roll and pull your way to it. Especially your little piano.





You prefer to play standing up.



You get to have play dates with Levi often. His mom, Michelle, is training for the Seattle Rock and Roll half as well. The moms take turn watching the boys while the other mom gets her run in. You met Levi through PEPS. You two are only 6 days apart. Levi and Michelle are SO nice! They really understand what it is like to have Daddy out of town often. Levi's Dad is gone for a month at a time! He navigates a ship off the coast of Coasta Rica. He is home for a month and then gone for a month. Mommy and Michelle are going to help each other stay on track for this race!



Mr. Independent 


You are still primarily nursing, but you eat dinner every night. I am still making all your food and you seem to like all the veggies so far. You tried bananas and you REALLY liked those. Apples on the other hand, not so much. Maybe the ones I bought were not sweet enough? I do hope you grow to like the ones I made, seeing as I made a TON, assuming you would like apples. That is what I get for assuming. 







CHEEKS!


Your hair is getting thicker. This has created bed head that could not be cuter. Speaking of sleeping, you are going to bed between 7:00 and 7:30 and getting up anytime from 4:30-6:30. I'll take that! Keep it up buddy!



You like to keep in touch with Daddy when he travels.


And you are SO happy when he is home.
















1 comment:

  1. So happy you were able to decide on staying home! Cooper is so lucky to have such an amazing mama!

    ReplyDelete